A part of the vines of Clotilde's PETIT CHABLIS is located in the village of PREHY very close to the cellar in an area called "TEMPS PERDUS" exposed on a hill to the West. Another part is situated in the village of Chablis, exposed to the South.
Terroir: Pur Kimmeridgian from the Jurassic period when the sea was covering a big part of the"bassin parisien". The soil is chalked with many little oysters fossilised.
Grape variety: 100% chardonnay.
Vinification: after a mechanical harvest, bunches are pressed with a pneumatic press, the juice is fermented in tank with temperature control: 100 % malolactic fermentation. The wine is left on the lees during several months. Slow natural sedimentation.
Tasting notes: the balance between all the elements and especially alcohol and acidity are extremely good. Elegant mineral flavours and fresh lemon.
The wine gives white flowers flavours and the elegance of lime. Mineral flavours are very present but not dominating. It is delicious either on its own or with fish and seafood.
Serve cool, not chilled. - At its best: 2 to 5 years.
- Tasteviné en Octobre 2006 et Médaille de Bronze au Concours des Vins de Chablis 2007
- Guide des meilleurs Vins à Petits Prix Gerbelle & Maurange 2007, 15.5/20
- Revue des Vins de France, Hors série de Juin 2007 et de Mars 2008
- Burgondia d'Or et sélectionné dans le Guide Hachette 2008
- Le Grand Guide des vins de France 2009 Bettane & Desseauve
RESTAURANT in Guide Michelin where is served this wine
La Closerie des Lilas 75006 Paris