The village of COURGIS which is one of the 20 villages to produce "Chablis appellation", it also produces one of the best 1er Cru: MONTMAINS.
Terroir: Pure Kimmeridgian made during the Jurassic period when the sea was covering a big part of the"bassin parisien". The soil is chalked with many little oysters fossilised.
Grape Variety : 100% chardonnay.
Vinification: hand-made harvest when the maturation is over. Bunches are pressed out with a pneumatic press, the juice is fermented in tank with temperature control: 100 % malolactic fermentation. The wine is left on the lees during several months. Slow natural sedimentation.
Tasting notes: 2006 is a very classic vintage for the Chablis and particulary for the 1er Cru Montmains.The balance between all the elements and especially alcohol and acidity which are extremely good.
The wine gives white flowers and white peach flavours. The mineral flavours come after taste, and make the lenght very good.
It is delicious with fish, or with cheese.
Serve cool, not chilled.
At its best: 2 to 8 years.
- Burgondia d'Or automne 2007 et Guide des Vins Gilbert et Gaillard
- Cité dans les magazines Bourgogne Aujourd'hui d'Avril 2008 le Figaro Magazine de mai 2008
- Cité dans le magazine Cuisine et Vins de France d'Avril/Mai 2008
- Guide des Vins Gilbert et Gaillard 2009
- Le Grand Guide des vins de France 2009 Bettane & Desseauve
- COUP DE CŒUR GUIDE HACHETTE 2009
- Burgondia d'Or Automne 2008
- Quote in la Revue du Vin de France de Juin 2008